This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

“I NEED to travel!” Do you find yourself saying this after going somewhere new? I went overseas this past summer and ever since I arrived back in the States, I cannot seem to get rid of the itch. I can’t begin to put into words how simply amazing it is to experience the world. 

Since school started back up, I haven’t been able to travel and undergo new places and things. It’s now November which means Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner. I love the Christmas spirit, gift giving and all the joy that comes along with it. However, this year, I don’t want to do Christmas presents, it just doesn’t feel the same to me. As I grow older, I value experience more than giving or receiving materialistic things. That is why I decided to do something new and experience what the world has to offer for the holidays. I’m young and in college – I don’t have too many responsibilities right now. I don’t have a real-life job or a family I need to take care of. It’s just me. 

I truly believe the best gift I could receive is the gift of experience. I am excited to see what is in store for me this holiday season!

(Photo courtesy of Pinterest)