Style > Beauty

Beauty Blog: Fall Beauty Trends Straight From The Runway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Even though the Fall fashion shows seemed like ages ago (we just wrapped up Spring 2014 fashion month!), it’s time to take a refresher course in Fall beauty trends!  These makeup trends are bold, sexy, and dripping in glamour straight from the runway.

WINE ME UP
A statement lip should always be a collegiettes go to look this fall, especially if you’re running out the door to make it to lecture.  A plum stained lip is luscious, and you can adapt the colors to your liking depending on how dark or light you want.  My tried-and-true method is rubbing the pad of my finger on my lipstick and dabbing it on my lips for a stained effect.  My purse is never without Guerlain’s Shine Automatique Hydrating Lip Shine in 265 Pao Rosa!  I also love the rich matte finish of L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Le Matte Velvety Full Coverage Lip Colour in Matte-r of Fact (limited edition).

http://www.sephora.com/shine-automatique-hydrating-lip-shine-P309515

– Vera Wang, Lanvin, Prada

BROW DOWN
Everywhere you turn, there they are: Cara Delevingne’s eyebrows (cue overwhelming jealousy).  Strong brows were no less present on the runway.  You might feel like a strong brow is too hard to pull off or makes you look like a lumberjack, but I’m here to tell you to reform!  Full brows actually look natural and healthy, plus they frame your face and your lovely eyes – who doesn’t want that?  Try Maybelline’s Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil in feathery strokes for a more natural effect.

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Eye-Makeup/Brow-Liner/Eye-Studio-Master-Shape-Brow-Pencil.aspx

– Isabel Marant, Rochas, Jean Paul Gaultier

CATTY LADY
This season, the cat eye gets a punky upgrade.  Instead of a the traditional flick, we’ve seen wide, long, and blended versions that give that cool-girl downtown vibe.  Don’t be afraid to extend your black liner further out, like at Anna Sui, or blend it up and out (the messy look adds to the cool girl look) a la Donna Karan.  My favorite though is from Michael Kors, where the models had the outer half of their eyelid completely shaded in for this boxy cat eye.  Where will you where your new and improved cat eye?  Since these looks cover more area, I would stick with a crease-proof cream or gel eyeliner like Mac’s Fluidline.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/151/898/Products/Eyes/Liner/Fluidline/index.tmpl

– Anna Sui, Donna Karan, Michael Kors.

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
Copper is such an underated color, but now it gets to take the spotlight.  I love this rich metallic look, especially for the fall.  Plus, copper is such an upgrade from plain brown.  I tried J. Mendel’s metallic lids the other night for a dinner, and it was a hit!  I used a mix of Maybelline’s Eye Studio Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Eye Shadow in Breaking Bronze and Improper Copper.  This look is totally doable in a toned down version.  Just sweep a light copper across your eyes and add some smudged eyeliner or mascara or both!

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Eye-Makeup/Eye-Shadow/Eye-Studio-Color-Tattoo-Pure-Pigments-Loose-Powder-Shadow.aspx#shadedetails

– J. Mendel, Missoni, 3.1 Phillip Lim

MAKE IT NAKED
We hear the words fresh-faced and nude thrown around all the time – it’s time to listen.  Rock the au-naturale look in a matte finish for a clean polished winter go-to.  Try setting your foundation with a loose translucent powder, but be careful not to pile on too much powder to avoid looking flat and fake.  I like to gently dust the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder to set my makeup and nix any excess shine.

http://www.sephora.com/primed-poreless-powder-P266708?skuId=1266824

– Theysken’s Theory, Balmain, Chloe

NYU Student, Married to Beauty, Mistress to Sweets, BRIDES fashion intern Spring 2013, Marie Claire beauty intern F/W 2013-14, Cosmopolitan beauty intern Spring 2014, Her Campus NYU beauty blogger, Her Campus National Contributing Writer.Facebook  Twitter  InstagramWill do tricks for cake.Georgia Peach at heart.Obsessed with skincare and makeup.Professional technology assasin.Shoe and bag hoarder.Self proclaimed top-chef.Currently plotting how to sneak my cats from home to NYC.Will hibernate in winter, so please leave a message with your emergency.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.