Style Blog: This Seasons Best Animal Prints

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

‘Conversational’ prints have been pretty much everywhere for the past few seasons, from the high fashion catwalk to the considerably cheaper high street. Burberry’s owl print jumpers were a massive hit with celebrities like Kate Bosworth and J W Anderson’s recent collaboration has seen Alexa Chung sporting the bat print jumper on a number of occasions, but for us students, these amazing designs are totally out of reach. Luckily, we have so many shops on the high street (especially in Nottingham!) to choose from, and I have tried to pick out some of the best prints I have seen this season.

1 – ZARA Dog Print Blouse

This top is available in either cream or a pale mint colour, and features a cute all over bulldog print. The thing I especially like about this blouse is that it incorporates another of this season’s hottest trends – studs – ,which can be seen on the shoulder detailing.

2 – Warehouse Bee Print Tie Neck Blouse

This is probably one of my favourite tops around at the moment. It is very similar to a print Whistles recently did but available for around a third of the price! Mollie King has recently been spotted in it. I think the tie neck detail makes it a lot more feminine, and all the piped detailing makes it look a lot more expensive than it really is!

3 – Dorothy Perkins Bunny Print Tee

I found this cute top during the summer on one of my numerous shopping trips, and was surprised at how nice the material was for a high street store. It has a silky texture, and who can resist a bunny print?! I’ve discovered it is actually now on sale, so an even better reason to make a little purchase!

4 – Primark Owl Print with Stud Collar

This navy blouse from Primark is almost certainly a dupe of the ZARA owl blouse that has been popular with bloggers for months now, but at a fraction of the cost. I have noticed Primark also do a cream version with koalas!

5 – Topshop Cat Print Tee

I couldn’t really let my first post go without a mention of cats! Anything cat related I can get my hands on I normally buy, and I want this top badly! It is just a plain white t-shirt with a annoyingly cute cat’s face on, and has recently been worn by Jessie J, so it is selling out fast!

I could go on for years talking about animal prints, and could probably go on for years buying them too! There are so many other lovely prints on the high street, and it does not stop at tops. There are trousers, scarves; everything with some sort of animal prints on, so there should be something for every animal lovers!

Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine student at the University of Nottingham. I love all things catty and anything fashion related. I probably shop too much, probably..