Harry Potter Themed Afternoon Tea Comes To Nottingham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

If you’re a 90s kid, there’s an extremely high chance that you grew up waving twigs and pretending they were wands, wishing you could fail your eye exam to get round glasses, and hoping that your Hogwarts acceptance letter had merely gotten lost in the mail. Harry Potter has defined our generation, and whether you’re a valiant Gryffindor, bookish Ravenclaw, cheery Hufflepuff or ambitious Slytherin, there are two things we can all be united by:

1) The prevailing argument that Harry Potter is not just for children

2) Cake

Lucky for you, Nottingham’s own Colwick Hall Hotel is bringing a Harry Potter themed afternoon tea to their brasserie this October and November! Budding witches and wizards can sample Philosopher’s Scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam as well as a selection of Slytherin finger sandwiches. 

The well-themed affair continues with a trio of Polyjuice Pea and Mint Soup, a Pumpkin Pasty, and a Cheese Wand which promise to rival even the most bountiful Hogwarts Halloween feasts. 

Then move onto the main event as you wrangle the chocolate frog cupcake into your hands,  savour a Butterbeer caramel cheesecake, and finish it all off by catching the Golden Snitch Pop Cake and winning your house 150 points.

Professor Snape’s Potions will also be on hand to complement your meal, allowing magical folk to choose between Felix Felicis, Draught of Living Death, Veritaserum, Skele-gro or the Elixir of Life. Choose well and you’ll be on your way to a 1st this semester in no time!

Tickets are now on sale from £23.95 per person, with cloaks, hats and even well-behaved owls encouraged to complete the occasion!

Source:

http://colwickhallhotel.com/harry-potter-afternoon-tea-nottingham/

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!