Clean Cut Kitchen: Your New Favourite Health-Conscious Café

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Ever wanted a go-to place for a healthy meal or brunch with your friends? Then Clean Cut Kitchen will be your new favourite place to eat!

This café lists each item on their menu with the amount of carbs, protein, and fat it contains, so healthy eaters, fitness fanatics, or anyone in general can monitor what they eat. I decided to pay a visit for brunch on a Sunday with two of my housemates as we were curious to see what this chic diner has to offer.

As you walk into the café, you’re faced with turquoise neon signs and wooden furniture, with the minimalist decoration and colour theming giving the place a very trendy vibe.

I opted for the ‘Piri Piri Chicken’; a wholemeal wrap for £4.50, and a Clean Juice called ‘Vitamin Levels’, for £3.35. My housemates got an ‘All-Day Breakfast wrap’ for £4.50, and a breakfast meal with salmon, avocado, and eggs, for £6.95. 

Inside my wrap was Piri-Piri chicken, red peppers, lettuce, and sweet potato puree. It contained 372 calories, 39g of carbs, 40g of protein, and ONLY 5g of fat, and I can confirm that it tasted delicious! I don’t usually have sweet potato puree in wraps but it totally works and made me love my meal even more, so I highly recommend this option.

The Clean Juice, ‘Vitamin Levels’, contained orange, carrot, ginger, and fresh lemon. It’s in a quite small bottle and costs £3.35, but it was really refreshing and after each sip you can really taste the ginger.

One of my housemates got a breakfast meal which included smashed avocado, smoked salmon, and poached eggs on a sweet potato hash brown with spinach underneath. She also got ‘Nutty granola’, which contained rolled oats, mixed seeds, and dried fruits.

The meal itself had 229 calories, 7g of carbs, 17g of fat, and 14g of protein, so if you want something low in carbs, this is highly recommended. The ‘Nutty granola’ by comparison included 445 calories, 71g of carbs, 17g of fat, 11g of protein, and is suitable for vegans.  

For a healthy café, everything on the menu was surprisingly cheap! Their wide variety of vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, low carb, and high protein options also makes this place accessible to the vast majority of people.

What’s even more amazing about this place is that their food comes in cardboard boxes and wooden cutlery is provided. All their packaging is from renewable sources and they certify that everything is recycled, which further nurtures their eco-friendly style.

Overall, my housemates and I highly recommend Clean Cut Kitchen, and we’ve already made a plan to come at least once a month! If you haven’t been yet, grab your friends and head over there for some healthy, lip-smacking meals.

To get there, take any bus that stops at Tollhouse Hill and then it’s just across the road. 

If you want to follow their social media, they have both Facebook and Instagram!

Also, here’s a link for the menu if you want to check it out.

All photos writer’s own

Edited by Tia Ralhan

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!