This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

If I find some free time during a long and difficult week, one of my favorite activities to do to relax and to relieve stress is baking. Whether it’s a quick batch of chocolate chip cookies or a more elaborate project, I love trying out new recipes and creating treats to enjoy and share with others. Also, if you’re looking for something to give to a friend or anyone else in your life as a thank you gift, baked goods are an excellent choice.

With Easter break coming up this weekend, you’re probably going to find yourself with a little more time on your hands than usual. If you’re feeling too old for coloring eggs or participating in Easter egg hunts, bake a festive Easter dessert instead! If you and your friends are staying on campus for the weekend, head to the store to get some ingredients and spend the afternoon making a delicious Easter dessert. The following are several recipes that involve cute and festive aspects of Easter and would be great to make if you’re looking for something to do this weekend.

Bunny Cupcakes

These bunny cupcakes are super fun and cute – if you enjoy creative baking, this is definitely the recipe for you. The recipe calls for your standard cake and frosting, with marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate chips, candies, and coconut shavings for added decorating. With these ingredients, you’ll be able to create your own adorable bunny cupcakes. This recipe also offers a couple other cupcake styles if you’re looking for more ideas!

Flower Pretzels

These delicious treats will bring a touch of spring into your life and will certainly brighten anyone’s day. Using just pretzels and two different kinds of candies, you can create this dessert in a variety of colors and styles. As is depicted in the recipe, light pastel tones work best for here because they allow you to incorporate spring colors into the dessert.

Chick Pretzels

The chick pretzels are somewhat similar to the previous recipe, in that they require many overlapping ingredients and not an extensive amount of effort. Therefore, if you’re feeling particularly ambitious, try creating them both! The chick pretzels are smaller and can be enjoyed as a dessert or a sweet and salty snack. Check them out the recipe here.

Chick Cupcakes

These cupcakes involve a little more work than the other recipes, but are totally worth it because they’re so incredibly cute! With just some colored sugar, chocolate chips, and colored frosting, you can create these delectable and festive treats. After baking and frosting your cupcakes, dip them in the sugar and use the chocolate chips and additional frosting to create the face of the chick and voila! You have some adorable Easter treats to share with friends and family. Get the recipe here.

If you’re looking for more festive springtime ideas, check out all that Pinterest has to offer! From crafting to cooking, Pinterest certainly has it all. These festive recipes are all on Pinterest, so look there if you want more baking ideas!

Enjoy baking, collegiettes!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5