This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s impossible to ignore the fact that summer is right around the corner (finally)! It’s time to shed those winter layers, and with fruit coming back into season you’re going to want to take full advantage of all the healthy options. Although you may still be stuck in school for a few more weeks, these smoothies will make you forget about your upcoming tests and transport you to a tropical island in the sun. Smoothies are filling and delicious, which makes them the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. The best part is that they can be enjoyed at home or taken on the go. Luckily, for those of you who have limited funds, kitchen tools, or time, these 5 ingredient mini-meals can be thrown together in the blender. 

**Individual servings**

1. Peanut Butter Smoothie:

For the kid in you :)

• ½ cup blueberries
  • ¾ cup almond milk
  • ½ banana
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 4 large strawberries

2. Green Slime Smoothie:

Don’t let the name scare you off, this veggie smoothie is extra healthy and extra yummy!

• ½ cup spinach
  • ½ cup frozen strawberries
  • ¼ banana
  • 1 ½ teaspoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons ice

3. Cappuccino Smoothie:

For when you realize you’re not really on a tropical island and are stuck in the library studying (a girl can dream).

• 1 ½ tablespoons espresso or double strength coffee well chilled
  • 1 tablespoon low fat milk
  • 1 banana
  • 2 cups coffee ice cream (add after banana is pureed)

4. Oreo Cookie Monster Smoothie:

For your sweet tooth.

• 2 tablespoons low fat milk
  • 1 ½ cups vanilla fat free frozen yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • 5 Oreo cookies crumbled (add after everything is blended)

5. The Chicago Berries:

Lots of berries, lots of fun.

• ½ cup grape juice
  • ½ tablespoon honey
  • ½ cup blackberries
  • ½ cup raspberries
  • ¾ cup vanilla low fat yogurt

(Original Recipes from Cookin’ Ultimate Smoothies Cookbook and http://www.allrecipes.com)