kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Staying Fit During Finals: Healthy Study Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s finals week again… You’ve survived most of the semester, and now it all comes down to a couple more exams before the freedom of winter break. Hours of time will be devoted to looking over notes, re-reading textbooks and finally trying to understand what you’ve been learning for three months. While studying, it is important to be healthy, so that your body has the nutrients to stay focused. Below is a list of healthy, relatively low calorie snacks that will keep you motivated to ace your finals.

1. Carrots, Celery and Hummus

• You actually burn more calories than you consume when eating celery

• Carrots are only 35 calories per serving

• Both provide a nice satisfying crunch

• The hummus adds some protein so you feel more full

1. Yogurt Covered Blueberries

• Looking for a little sweetness while studying?

• Healthier than chocolate covered fruit but still has that sweet edge

1. Frozen Berries

• Much like the yogurt covered treats, this is a different way to consume fruit

• Frozen mango is my go to snack

1. Taboulli

• This is a filling snack that can be eaten like a salad or used as a dip with pita chips

• Gives lots of energy

1. Pistachios

• The lower calorie snack for all those who prefer salty over sweet

1. An egg white omelet

• Eat that protein and sustain yourself for hours of studying

• Add different veggies for flavors

1. Apples and Peanut Butter

• Classic snack that has protein and great flavor

1. Banana, Peanut Butter, Chocolate chips

• Peanut butter and chocolate is always a great combination of flavors and throwing in the banana for some extra energy is fantastic

1. Kale Chips

• An alternative to regular chips when you are in the mood for something salty

• Has many nutrients

1. Guacamole

• This snack has taken the world by storm and your taste buds will thank you

• Avocado is a healthy fat and your body will thank you later

As tempting as Taco Bell from Curry may seem, having these snacks will make you more focused and energized throughout Finals Week. Good luck!

Hi. I am a sophmore studying business with a dual concentration in marketing and management, as well as a minor in sustainable business. Outside of school I have a passion for sports, especially football (Patriots) and hockey (Bruins). I also love to bake, snuggle with my puppy, read and hang out with my friends.
Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: