This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Hey Northeastern Collegiettes! As you all know, spring break is just around the corner. While this 30-degree weather may make it difficult to process the thought of spring break, the sun, bathing suits, and an endless supply of sandals, it can never be too early to start exploring the new spring trends. After all, aren’t we sick of bundling up in our sweaters and yanking on boots over our thick socks? Believe it or not, it’s now the beginning of March and time to move on to the days and styles of layer-less bliss.

Too busy hiding under your covers and winter coat to realize the upcoming trends that are soon to explode? Don’t worry; Her Campus has you covered just in time for spring break. Here’s a guide to the latest trends in clothing, shoes, and accessories that are bound to hit the shelves of your favorite stores this season.

As far as clothing trends, bermuda shorts are a must-have this season—who knew! This unexpected trend was seen all over the New York runways, proving to be flattering, chic, and best of all, comfortable. These slouchy, unrevealing shorts accommodate all body types, allowing girls of all shapes and sizes to feel stylish and confident. Can I get a resounding “phew” from all the girls out there? So put away those high-waisted, cheeky denims, and make way for a more comfortable style for everyone!  

As for clothing patterns and textures, black and white, bold stripes, and leather are all “in” this season. Black and white patterns can be easily dressed up or dressed down, proving to be wearable for just about any occasion, and thus kind to your budget.

But what are these outfits without accessories to go along with them? Accessories are essential to completely any girl’s wardrobe and style. When it comes to sunglasses, the louder the better. Find the biggest frames with the brightest colors, and rock it while wearing just about anything. And what is spring without Easter-egg colors? Luckily, we can sport this on our nails with pastel nail polish to tone down one of the loudest fashion seasons yet.

And last but not least…shoes! For all you ‘90s babies out there, it’s back! The styles of this decade will most likely appear on your feet this season, whether you’re willing to accept it or not. The popular ‘90s trend of pointy heels are a must-have this spring. This style comes in a low heel for dressing up, or flat for lounging in shorts. And of course, open-toed shoes will always be in style, and this spring is paving the way for gladiator sandals. So, time to put away all those lace-up and fur boots and let those toes free.

Worried about having to buy a whole new wardrobe? Well, put those fears to rest. Bright colors, floral prints, and bold patterns will continue to be a spring fashion icon and reliable trend for these few months.

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!