Sidewalk Catwalk Oct. 29th | Sam Levine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

When getting ready for class, I can’t stress enough that simple is more. I’m not saying to wear boring clothes and not have fun with your style, but don’t overdo it with too many crazy colors and patterns. Like everything else in life, balance is a must when it comes to your outfits too.

Sam Levine, a middler who is double majoring in education and psychology, says her wardrobe consists of a lot of neutral colors, but she always adds some pop of color to brighten the outfit. Personally, I love neutral colors too because they’re classic and you can’t go wrong with them. The bright color really brings out the outfit and emphasizes the other pieces of the outfit.

Sam’s simple, yet very well, put-together outfit was perfect for a fall day. My favorite part was her vest. Vests are a great idea for a day that’s not warm enough to go without a jacket, but not cold enough to wear your North Face coat. These vests can be found in all department stores and even stores like Target.

Her flats are a good alternative to boots, and her black jeans are a must that every girl should have in her closet. I love my leggings as much as the next girl, but sometimes black skinny jeans will gave the same look – but better! Plus, they are ideal to wear when you’re going somewhere that leggings aren’t appropriate for.

The green scarf was a bright and fun color and broke up all of the neutral colors she was wearing. In the fall, and especially in the winter, I wear a scarf almost every single day. They can make an outfit look much better, so get a bunch in all different colors and styles that you can wear on different occasions.

So to all you collegiettes who want to throw in the towel and wear sweats tomorrow, use Sam’s outfit as an example that you don’t have to go above and beyond to look stylish for class!

Here is Sam’s look head-to-toe: vest – Gap, $79.95; white long-sleeve t-shirt – Target, around $10; scarf – American Apparel, $18; black skinny jeans – American Eagle, $44.95; shoes – Aldo, around $70.