Sidewalk Catwalk Nov. 20th | Caitlin Walsh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

If you remember our first Sidewalk Catwalk, we showed you how to rock a dress in the fall weather. Unfortunately this year we’ve skipped the majority of fall, and have dived headfirst into winter. So, I’ve decided to show you how to rock a dress in even colder weather.

19 year-old Journalism major, Caitlin Walsh, is not going to let this chilly New England air stop her from wearing her favorite summer dresses. Some dresses, (I’m looking at you, brightly colored floral prints) are just not appropriate for winter, but solids and neutral colors can be perfect!

Caitlin’s dress is a dark neutral color and definitely did not give off a summer vibe. Also, even if they’re not long, make sure the dress you’re wearing has sleeves. Not only because of the cold, but it just doesn’t look right to be rocking spaghetti straps in the middle of November.

She also paired her cute dress with a scarf and knee-high riding boots. The scarf is an essential in the cold weather. Although you’re wearing a dress, don’t ignore the fact that it’s 30 degrees out. The tall boots are also a great idea for winter because they cover most of your legs and help you avoid freezing to death. I’d suggest pairing them with a thick pair of cute tights for some extra warmth.

If you’re going to be spending the majority of the day walking outside or going from class to class, try wearing a cute denim or leather bomber jacket to accompany your dress.

Follow these tips, and I promise you’ll never have to part with dresses once winter hits ever again. Just remember to bundle up and keep warm, collegiettes!

Here is Caitlin’s look head-to-toe: dress – H&M, $25; boots – Alloy.com, $40; scarf – street vendor in NYC; $15.

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!