prateek katyal xv7 GlvBLFw unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
prateek katyal xv7 GlvBLFw unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet The E-Board: Colleen McCarthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Where you’re from/grew up
I was born in San Jose, California but mostly grew up in Shelburne, Vermont.

Major/minor
I am a communication studies major and a business minor.

How long have you been involved in Her Campus?
I have been involved in Her Campus since the end of my sophomore year. So officially one year!

What made you decide to get involved in Her Campus?
I had read the site before and thought it was really clever. Finally, I looked up when Northeastern’s chapter meetings were and got myself to go. I never really get the opportunity to write creatively so it is really fun!

What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I’m also involved in some other groups on campus. I just got off of co-op so I’m getting back into the swing of things but I was a Husky Ambassador, a NU-Starts mentor, member of NU-Build and Entrepreneurs Club. I also love live music and Boston is the perfect place to explore!

What are your favorite things about NU/Boston?
It is very cliche and I am going to go into my tour guide answer but I really love how Northeastern has a campus yet is apart of one of the greatest college cities in the world. I grew up in a very small town so the fact that there are so many cool things to do here blows my mind!

What is your dream job?
Hopefully I will know in two years. I did my first co-op in Marketing/Sales and really enjoyed it so probably something up that alley.

Any other random info readers should know?
I hugged Taylor Swift and we are the same height!

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!