I am a self-proclaimed nail polish junkie. I admit it. I spend more money on nail polish than any person should, and I can’t stand the thought of my nails not being painted. I’m also far from creative, but recently I’ve been having some fun with my nails instead of painting them a plain, solid, color.
With a new season comes new nail trends, and nail polish lines such as Essie (my personal fave) and O.P.I. have released their Winter 2012 collections. With this change of the season comes the change of colors. So, as much as it pains me to pack away my favorite hot pink and sea blue nail polish from summer, winter gives us the opportunity to wear some edgier colors.
I’m going to share with you some of the best winter nail polish colors and easy, trendy designs to spice up your nails…because not only will you look stylish but you’ll smile every time you look down at your hands.
Dark colors are huge during this time of year, and there are many colors that are a great alternative to black. They’re edgy and stylish, without having a gothic look to them.
- Dark purple: My favorite is the classic, ‘Lincoln Park after Dark’ by O.P.I. This color is a favorite across the board and I promise it’s one that you’ll put on over and over again.
2. Navy blue: Essie’s color ‘Bobbing for Baubles’ is a dark sapphire color. It’s dark enough for winter, yet soft and feminine.
3. Blood red: Another great color by Essie is ‘Wicked’, every Boston girl’s favorite adjective. This dark red color is WICKED cute ;)
4. Dark green: This dark green color called ‘British Racing Green’ by Butter, is a bit edgier than most but is still super cute.
If you’re still having separation anxiety from your fun summer colors, fear not. You can still have some brightness to your life!
5.Red: Revlon red is an iconic color that works well for all seasons. This bright color will cheer you up – especially during the holidays!
6. Orange: This color is fun and can be summer-y, but also gives a great winter vibe.Try Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure in ‘Kook-A-Mango.’
7. Gold: Metallic colors, especially gold are fun for winter because of their sparkly shine, and are great for that New Year’s Eve party you’re going to. Try Essie’s ‘Mirrored Metallics – Good as Gold.’