Boston Cupcake Shop of the Week: Georgetown Cupcakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Georgetown Cupcakes is one of the most famous cupcake shops with locations in Washington, DC, New York, Boston and Los Angeles as well as a TV show, DC Cupcakes, on the Food Network. Located at 83 Newbury Street in Boston, this shop does not disappoint and always has some delicious seasonal and daily flavors from White Chocolate Peppermint in the winter, to Cherry Blossom in the spring, and Lavender earl Grey Teacake in the summer. Each morning on Georgetown Cupcake’s Twitter they announce the daily free cupcake flavor and the first 100 customers to order the cupcake by name will get it for free. If you want to try the free cupcake, I would recommend getting there early because there is almost always a line out the door for cupcakes (don’t worry, it moves pretty fast and is totally worth it).

On my last visit to Georgetown Cupcakes, I decided to venture from my normal chocolate and vanilla cupcake to try their specialty cupcakes that day. Everything looked amazing and was decorated so simply but adorable that it took me the entire length of the line to finally decide on three cupcakes to split with my friends: peanut butter fudge, mint cookies and cream, and salted caramel. The mint cookies and cream one tasted like “mint chocolate chip ice cream” according to one of my friends and the peanut butter fudge cupcake was the perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. Lastly the salted caramel cupcake was unexpectedly my favorite and I would easily eat ten more right now. This cupcake was the best cupcake I have ever eaten, and I’ve eaten a lot of cupcakes over the years.

(Image from FoodSpotting.com)

Georgetown Cupcakes is the perfect place to go if you want a cupcake snack or a nice chocolaty drink. Just one cupcake from them can easily turn your day around and brighten your mood. Aside from cupcakes, they also have a good selection of drinks from coffee, tea to delicious hot chocolate. The next time you are shopping on Newbury Street or having a bad day, I would definitely recommend going to Georgetown Cupcakes. Be sure to check out their daily free flavor from twitter, as well as their daily menu here before you go!

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!