jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons To Be Excited For Fall (Other Than Pumpkin Spice Lattes)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

1. Three words: No more mosquitoes!
  2. The spookiest month of the year.  Candy everywhere, old scary movies on TV, (including Disney Channel’s classic Hocus Pocus, of course), and getting ready for the one night of the year where choosing your outfit might be more important than it was at the last formal.
  3. All of our favorite TV shows coming back into our lives!  We waited all summer, and those season premieres can’t come soon enough.

4. Fall fashion – cute boots, plaid, warm colors, knit hats, peacoats, scarves, and coordinating them all by color.  

5. The first snow of the season – and in Boston, it comes early.  We might complain about the snow the rest of the winter all the way through April, but in that magical moment when you notice the first few flakes, it always takes us back to childhood school days when the whole class would run to the window for the first look.   

6. Thanksgiving!  There’s nothing quite like arriving home after that long trip, sleeping in your own bed for a weekend, and spending four days stuffing yourself with the first real home-cooked food you’ve had in months. Not to mention all the fantastic Friends Thanksgiving episodes to binge-watch annually…

7. Fall movie premieres:

8. Northeastern’s campus looking like THIS again:
  9.  This fall-themed rant Taylor Swift posted on Tumblr the other day:

Hats and scarves and knee socks and wearing tights for the first time in months and when the mornings are all chilly and you can see your breath and draw little pictures on foggy windows and plaid stuff and ANKLE BOOTS and not caring when people make fun of pumpkin flavored stuff cause you LOVE IT and are happy it’s all the rage and people who dress their dogs in costumes on Halloween and fires in fireplaces and maroon/hunter green/mustard yellow color combos and baking your first fall batch of cookies but you put too much cinnamon in it because you’re TOO EXCITED BECAUSE IT’S FALL. #heavybreathing

1. The early holiday buzz.  Let’s face it, as weird as it can be to see all the major stores lined with twinkle lights and North Pole scenes before you’ve even recovered from Halloween, it’s never too early to start embracing that holiday warmth and cheer.  Can you hear Mariah Carey yet?  

Eve Korte

Northeastern

Eve Korte - NEU freshman, communication studies major, currently studying abroad in Greece with the N.U.in Program and writing about it here!
    Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: