This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Newcastle chapter.

Exams are almost here and let’s face the truth, we are all very stressed out. Studies have shown that stress causes skin issues to flare up regardless of what you’re prone to, whether it’s acne, eczema, or any other skin problems. Therefore it is essential to de-stress your skin, no matter how busy you are. Here are the best homemade skin products to make for after revision.

1. Blueberry Summer Face Mask

1/4 fresh local blueberries 

1 tbsp raw honey

1 tbsp olive oil

Juice of half a lemon

1 tsp sugar

Step 1

Pulse the first four ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Step 2

Sprinkle in sugar and massage evenly over the face, being careful of the eye area.

Step 3

Leave mask on for ten minutes.

Step 4

Remove with a warm, damp cloth.

2. Berry Yoghurt Mask

2 tbsp plain yoghurt

2 tbsp honey

1/4 cup mixed berries

1tsp lemon juice

Step 1

In a blender, combine 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt and 2 tablespoons honey, and pulse until fully combined.

Step 2

Add 1/4 cup mixed berries, pureeing until smooth, then add 1 teaspoon lemon juice.

Step 3

Using your hands, apply mixture to a clean, dry face. Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse face thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.

3. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Face Mask

125 grams fresh strawberries

25 grams cocoa powder

25 grams Rhassoul Clay

5 grams dried rose petals

25 grams aloe vera gel

15 grams Vanilla extract

5 grams vegetable glycerin 

Step 1

Mix all the ingredients together in a small food processor until thick and creamy.  Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.  For best result, gently warm in a microwave before you apply to skin.

4. Oatmeal Face Mask with Milk and Honey

½ cup oatmeal, uncooked

1/4 to ½ cup water

½ cup milk

1 tablespoon pure honey

Step 1

In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook oatmeal, water, milk and honey for 5 to 6 minutes.

Step 2

Massage a thick layer of plain honey all over your clean face and neck before applying mask.

Step 3

Apply mask to your face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and rinse.

5. Moisturizing Banana Cucumber Mask

1/2 cucumber (washed, skin on)

1/2 banana

1 Tablespoon honey

4 Tablespoons lemon juice

Step 1

Blend the cucumber and banana together in a blender, then stir in the honey and lemon juice until you have a smooth consistency.

Step 2

Transfer the paste to a small bowl and use your hands to apply an even layer onto a clean face.

Step 3

Lie down for 30 minutes and allow the mask to work on your skin.

Step 4

Wash off and pat skin dry with a towel. 

I hope you find these tips useful for an all-natural way to de-stress your skin at home!

Jenny Yao

Newcastle