The Day in the Life of a Twenty-Something New School Girl, As Told By Comic Strip Artist Sarah Andersen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

College, for most humans, is that small awkward moment between the “best days of our lives” and the “real world.” But, for the 20-something female population it’s a bit more complicated. From dating, to our daily commute, to period problems, Sarah Andersen creates the perfect snapshot for each of these moments through comic strips.  

Awkward Subway Commutes

I am a unicorn, hear me roar.

Sans Headphones

In a world without headphones, life is bland. So very bland.

Unhealthy Eating Habits

Must eat all the things.

Dealing with the Shame Brought on by Said Eating Habits

But, the oatmeal cookie had raisons in it…

Followed by More Shame

And, raisons are fruit…

Daily Procrastination

Any day now.

Self-Doubt Brought on by Said Procrastination

At least I finished it.

Finances

Just the basics…

Debt

What’s that in the distance? A career?

Stress Brought on by Said Debt

Nope, it was just a rock.

Periods.

Oh, Aunt Flo you do know how to surprise me, don’t you?

Literally in Hell.

Shopping

Why must everything be a million dollars? I deserve this dress.

Deadlines

#DeadlineQueen

Sleepy Sundays

Pretending Monday is just an illusion.

Going Out

Boy, Byee.

Tabitha Britt

New School '18

Tabitha Britt (formerly Tabitha Shiflett) was the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus at The New School between August 2016 - January 2018. Tabitha graduated from The New School of Social Research on January 31, 2018. She's also a graduate of the Dub (The University of North Carolina Wilmington, UNCW) where she held the position of Managing Editor for the UNCW HC team. You can find her byline in a variety of publications including CBS Local, Taste of Home, Luna Luna, Thought Catalog, and Elite Daily. See more at www.tabithashiflett.com.