As much as it pains me that I’ll soon be leaving what I consider to be one of the greatest universities in America, as of late, there have definitely been some telltale signs that my time here has run out; that it's simply time to go. So here's my non-exhaustive (great adj.) list of just the ways in which to tell if you too have hit your expiration date here at Miami.
You know it's time to graduate when…
- You walk around campus (primarily Shriver) thinking, "Why does everyone look like they're 14?"
- You've memorized all the drink specials for every day of the week at every bar Uptown. And have had all of them.
- You've perfected procrastination to the point where you no longer, eventually, get bored. You now have an endless number of websites and shows on file to keep you from accomplishing (or beginning, for that matter) any of your work.
- You actually learn how to cook. Ramen doesn't count.
- You briefly contemplate whether or not you're smarter than your professor.
- You've taken doodling and playing “Draw Something” on your iPhone in class to a whole new level.
- You consider going out and/or drinking most nights of the week because you really can't come up with any good excuse not to. #YOLO
- Some of your friends start getting engaged.
- As hard as you may try, you somehow never show up to any class on time. Ever.
- You need to drink at least three cups of coffee in order to get anything done whatsoever. (PhotoSource)
- You get out of class and think, "What job should I apply for today?" rather than, "What schoolwork do I have to catch up on?"
- You're sitting in class and realize you're about to learn the same concept for the third time.
- You're terrified, and yet, at the same time, incredibly excited about the idea of living all on your own, without the constant comfort of your five closest friends or your mommy and daddy.
- The bartenders Uptown have memorized your drink order. If that's not something to be proud of, I don't know what is.
- You start completing all your assignments the morning before they're due.
- And finally, you're taking social dance as a class and think that's totally legit.