Everyone knows the Picky Eater. The one that pushes her food around her plate, orders chicken strips at every restaurant, and had to sit at the dinner table for hours because she wouldn’t eat mom’s Lima beans.
Unfortunately for picky eaters, they’re always attracted to the simplest (and often) unhealthy foods. Some of the most popular items in their diets might be mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, and grilled cheese. It’s hard to be a healthy picky eater… until you read these tips. (PhotoSource)
Here are a few healthy ideas for all you picky eaters out there! They’re simple to make and don’t involve too many bold (aka “icky”) flavors.
- Yogurt Parfaits - This is an easy on-the-go snack. Just grab your favorite yogurt, some fresh fruit, and granola. Then layer each in a glass multiple times until you reach the top! It’s simple, tasty and doesn’t involve too many ingredients.
- Chicken Wraps – This is a great lunch item! Take a tortilla, add some seasoned grilled chicken, and then the rest is up to you! You can get as creative as you want with tolerable veggies, low-fat dressing, part-skim cheese, or hummus
- Veggie Lasagna – This is a little bit more complicated, but it makes a great dinner choice. All it consists of is lasagna noodles, sautéed veggies, tomato sauce, and Ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses. You can choose which veggies you want to add. The gooey cheese is sure to win you over.
- Granola Bran Muffins – These healthy muffins are good as breakfast or a snack, and they are easy to make and take with you to class. They go great with a glass of skim milk!
- Toasted Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup – Everyone loves a good grilled cheese! Unfortunately they’re not the healthiest, sooo … instead of white, use whole wheat bread. And instead of grilling it in a pan with butter, put it in the oven and bake it! To minimize calories, you can use reduced fat cheese. Make sure to grab a bowl of warm tomato soup for dipping! (PhotoSource)