Melissa Maurer ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Melissa Maurer

Hometown: Fraser, MI

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Single? Yes

Extra-Curricular: I am a member of MSU Psi Chi, and I volunteer in a psych research lab.

Favorite place on campus: Spartan Stadium. There is nothing more exciting than being in the student section on game day!

What you look for in a guy: A good personality. Someone who has a kind-heart, a sense of humor, and ambition.

Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard: Good pick-up lines do not exist. They are all pretty awful!

The perfect date: I love music, so I’d have to say going to see one of my favorite artists and then going out for ice cream—I have a horrible sweet tooth.

Dream job: School Counselor

Current Jam: Bottoms Up – Brantley Gilbert

Celeb crush: There are so many… but I have to go with Luke Bryan!

A quirk about you: I hate styrofoam with a passion. When I hear the sound of something touching it, it makes me cringe more than nails on a chalkboard.

Marissa Russo is a senior at Michigan State University studying  journalism with a concentration in apparel and textile design. Her love for writing coincides with her love for design, and after graduation she hopes to work at a publication that allows her to do both. Marissa is a co-campus correspondent for Her Campus MSU. Follow her on Instagram: marissrusso and Twitter: @marissrusso