This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

This week our Campus Celeb is Payton Head. Head, a senior, is the current president of Missouri Student Association, as well as the 2015 Homecoming King. He studies Political Science and International Studies at Mizzou and is from Chicago, IL. Read on to learn more!

Her Campus Mizzou: What organizations and clubs are you a part of here at Mizzou?
Payton Head: Alpha Phi Fraternity, Inc., Missouri Students Association, MU Diversity Peer Educators, and Alumni Association Student Board.

HCM: What are the main reasons you decided to get involved with MSA and ultimately become president?
PH: I decided to get involved with MSA because I wanted to help bring about positive change in the Mizzou community. I decided to run for president to help be a voice for marginalized students who many times aren’t represented in MSA or Mizzou involvement. These are the students who work countless hours to pay for their schooling and can’t afford to get involved in student government. These are the students who are coming from over 120 countries around the world who don’t necessarily know how to navigate [college]. I knew that MSA would be a great place to have conversations about what a Mizzou would look like where people felt included.

HCM: What progress have you made during your term as president thus far? What are you most proud of?
PH: As a whole MSA has made better communication with our student body via our monthly emails and new ambassador program. We’ve made national connections in the SEC and with student body leaders from all over the nation and world with our conferences in Tuscaloosa, Washington D.C., and Jerusalem. I am most proud of the work that MSA has done this year to bring about change in social justice advocacy on campus and help make a Mizzou where all students feel safe and included. We have released a gender neutral restroom map, we’re working on finalizing a new hate policy for the university, and working on how to make our campus more accessible for people with varying abilities. These are just a few of the accomplishments that MSA has made this year. This year hasn’t been easy for MSA or Mizzou, but we recognize that in order for real change to happen, we have to continue to have difficult dialogues about ways in which we can make Mizzou a safer and more inclusive space for the students here now and the students to come in the future.

HCM: Along with being the MSA President, you were also won Homecoming King. What’s your favorite homecoming tradition or activity?
PH: My favorite homecoming tradition will always be the Legion of Black Collegians Homecoming Ball. It’s a night to see all your friends dressed to impress and really celebrate excellence in the past and in the present at Mizzou.
A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO