Five Ideas to Spice Up a Shot Book

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Have you been asked to make a friend a shot book page recently? If you’re at a loss for how to decorate your page, here are five ideas to make your page stand out from the other sheets filled with embarrassing pictures of the birthday girl.

1. Lovers Through the Years
A page of pictures of old boyfriends, current crushes, celeb crushes, and even just some of her guy pals can help break up a very girly collection of pages and bring some laughs to the party. Just be careful not to include anyone that might still be a sore subject!

2. Roll Call/Predictions
These two pages are definitely necessities. Everyone who is present at her party can sign the Roll Call page (kind of like a guest book) and also write a prediction for something the birthday gal will do as the shenanigans of the evening continue.

3. Favorite Things
Capture your friend’s favorite things on a spread of pages in her shot book! You can include everything from her favorite place to get take-out, favorite movies, bands, TV shows, organizations she’s passionate about and celebrities she loves. This will be a fun page to reminisce about in 10 to 20 years when we’ve forgotten exactly everything we loved in 2012.

4. Shot Notecards
Instead of having everyone scribble the shot type, time, place and signature somewhere on the page, add a bunch of photo album filler pages like these in the back. Then fill out index cards with each shot’s information and slip them in as the night goes along!

5. Little to 21!
Call your friend’s parents and see if you can get ahold of pictures of the birthday girl taken every year on her birthday, and create a timeline of her growing older through the years! Everyone will love seeing her grow up across the page, and you could even leave a spot for a picture from her 21st to complete the page!

Photo credit
http://outkickthecoverage.com/dixieland-delight-missouri-part-two.php