A Review of BSU’s Wale Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

“LOUDER, LOUDER, LOUDER…”

They say amazing things happen at night when the moon is full. As the crowd roared in anticipation on April 13th, 2012, awaiting rapper Wale to grace them with his presence the night couldn’t be more amazing. The Black Student Union at Millersville University paid a pretty penny for the rapper to come and perform at Pucillo Gymnasium. Wale Folarin, member of Maybach Music Group, has recently taken over the charts with his song “Lotus Flower Bomb,” and has been a hot commodity ever since. Hailing from DC, with his distinct style and amazing lyrical ability, Wale is a force to be reckoned with in hip-hop and R&B music right now. Pucillo Gymnasium was packed with almost 1500 people, all standing and enjoying a great show. Wale performed for a little over an hour and made sure he performed all  of the crowd’s favorites. After the show he was drenched in sweat and he stated that he left his heart out there on the stage. When asking some members of the audience how much they enjoyed the show, many responded it was well worth the twenty dollars. They say on Friday the 13th that bad things traditionally happen; well that night was nothing short of amazing.

Photo Source:
www.killerhiphop.com

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.