This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Sophomore and Public Relations Student Society of America president, Meredith Noll is living proof age doesn’t matter when it comes to being a good leader. She’s friendly and full of infectious laughter and has a take-charge attitude that shines through at meetings.

The Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania native says this semester she wants to focus on rebuilding the organization. With a newly elected executive board, the only direction for PRSSA to go is up. 

She’ll achieve this goal through her duties which include running meetings, scheduling guest speakers for those meetings and planning things for the organization to do throughout the semester.

She said she wants to let the Millersville student body know about the organization through volunteering at and hosting events on campus. She sees the club as something that communication majors want to be a part of because it’s both fun and professional.

PRSSA provides its members with access to internships and job opportunities as well as listening to guest speakers from the public relations profession.

Meredith says she’s happy with the turnout to PRSSA meetings this semester, which are held Mondays at 6 p.m. in Hash 211. 

And Meredith is no stranger to big crowds. She has five siblings! Which Meredith said is, “so much fun because there [is] always something to do!”

“My siblings are my best friends and I couldn’t imagine life without them,” Meredith stated. “It’s just what I have always known and what I have always had. I absolutely love having a big family!”

Meredith said she loves her communication classes, especially Introduction to Public Relations because of the hands-on nature of the class.

“I love the PR program because I’m the biggest nerd alive,” Meredith joked. 

Meredith talks about going beyond the classroom to learn. She plans on completing more than her share of internships so she can learn about public relations from many different angles.

But it’s not just the academic program she’s fond of.

“I really like the Millersville atmosphere, I don’t run into unfriendly people,” Meredith said as she recalled visiting Millersville saying she “came here and I knew this was my school.”

Upon graduation, Meredith plans on a career as a spokes person for the state police.

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.