Meet Bri Piccari!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Hi everyone! My name’s Bri Piccari & I’m a sophomore at MU. I transferred here last fall from the Art Institute of Philadelphia and should be a junior right now but lost a lot of my credits in the transfer. I’m an Art major with a concentration in Graphic/Interactive Design. I’m from Dresher, PA, which is about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia and incredibly developed (I live within 30 minutes of 5 different malls.)

You can usually find me in the art building, I’m a lab tech in the Design Print lab and am always there working on projects. I’m also a DJ for WIXQ. I work full time at a Volkswagen/Mazda car dealership during the summer back home. I’m completely addicted to social networking and pop culture is a guilty pleasure. I dye my hair constantly. It’s usually not the same color very long. I’ve dyed it red, pink & blonde/brown. It’s usually red.

Some of my favorite things are graphic design, photography, Philadelphia, Apple, stars, night drives, and discovering new music. I love writing. I would love to bring something music and/or art related to the table. Or even something involving mental health, I’m all about promoting healthy ways to relieve stress and am a huge supporter of To Write Love on Her Arms (non-profit focusing on depression, suicide and addiction prevention and awareness) and Half of Us (which is geared at college students). I’m also always taking photos (I have over 1,500 photos on Facebook, I’m known for always having a camera on me.)

Some fun facts about me:

I’m currently reading… Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller (Incredibly well written book subtitled “Non-religious thoughts about Christianity”).

My favorite movie is… Forgetting Sarah Marshall. (I can literally quote every line from this movie).

The best way to relieve stress is… Coloring.

My career goals are… When I graduate, I can’t wait to move to Philadelphia & work at a design firm. I love the city. I consider myself so lucky to be majoring in something that I’m so passionate about and love doing.

My favorite music is… This changes a lot. Always? Jack’s Mannequin & Valencia. Currently: Dev, Mac Miller, Skrillex, Owl City & the Horrible Crowes.

My most played song on iTunes is… I’m on a Mac Miller kick and am absolutely in love with the song “Life Ain’t Easy”.

The best thing to happen to me this summer… I got the chance to meet Andrew McMahon, the singer of Jack’s Mannequin, which has been my favorite band since high school. It was the coolest moment of my entire life. My best friend & I then got free tickets to his show later that night. Hands down, coolest thing ever.

My natural hair color is… Blonde.

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.