This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

With the semester ending soon and finals approaching, the last thing a collegiette has time to spend on is her hair. Don’t let the heat and stress of studying keep you from wearing a cute hairstyle. These hairstyles are quick and easy to do but still look cute!

1. Braided top knot

A messy bun is my go-to hairstyle when I’m in a rush, but that can look sloppy. If you put your hair in a high ponytail and braid it before wrapping it around into a bun, you can get this cute-messy but not-that-messy top knot bun.

2. Ponytail with braid

A braid can also dress up your average ponytail. You can either french braid the front of your hair or do a regular braid if you’re like me and not very good at french braiding. Either way, braid a section from the front of your hair until you reach the back of your head and throw the rest into a ponytail. You can do just one side or both sides to make a ponytail that looks like you took some time to do.

3. Ponytail with volume

Another easy way to dress up your ponytail is to add some volume. Either tease the front of your hair or just pin up your bangs into a poof to add some lift and get this look. You can also wrap some hair around the ponytail holder and pin into place with a bobby pin to make this look neater.

4. Topsy-tail

This is my favorite fancy ponytail. Just make three ponytails: one on the top of your head, one in the middle, and one low. Then flip each ponytail under to achieve this look. It almost looks like an updated french braid without actually having to french braid your hair.

5. Tucked under a headband

If you have a cute headband this look is pretty easy. Just tuck your hair under the headband and pin with a bobby pin to secure it. If you do this at night with wet hair before you sleep, it will also give you nice beachy waves.

So the next time you are up all night studying or writing a paper, try out one of these hairstyles. You can hit the snooze button and still have cute hair for class.

I'm a sophomore Digital Journalism major at Millersville University. Along with writing, I am very passionate about music. I sing in the University Choir and Women's Choir here on campus. I also write and take pictures for the Snapper. I am a committed fan of Justin Timberlake and Captain America. I don't have a lot of free time but when I do I love to travel, spend time with my friends and family, and play with my cockapoo, Chloe.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3