Recipe for the Best Pumpkin Cookies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

By Sydney Richardson

Now that fall is officially upon us – I wanted to share this festive, life-changing recipe straight from my mom’s magical recipe book so that each of you can experience the luxury of savoring these delicious treats. You’re welcome.

Necessities:

• 2 ½ C of all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ tsp of salt
  • ½ C of butter (softened)
  • 1 ½ C of white sugar
  • 1 C of pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp of vanilla

Additional ingredients if you wish to make glaze:

• 3 tbsp of milk
  • 1 tbsp of melted butter
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 2 C of powdered sugar

First Step: Beat the butter, sugar, and pumpkin puree together until it has a fluffy texture. Then proceed to add the egg and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly blended.

Second Step: In a separate bowl – combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices until well mixed. After that, integrate this mixture with the wet ingredients from the first step.

Third Step: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Distribute tablespoon-sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Now to make the glaze!

Fourth Step: Get a new bowl – combine 2 cups of powdered sugar, 3 tbsp of milk, 1 tbsp of melted butter, and 1 tsp of vanilla.

Fifth Step: Let the cookies cool for about 10-15 minutes – then proceed to coat the delicacies with glaze.

Hope you give the recipe a try! Enjoy these little pieces of heaven!!