This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

What is your full name? Justis Ward

What is your major? Biochemistry/Molecular Biology

What is your classification?  Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Food: Spaghetti, Chicken Alfredo, Lo Mein.…really just pasta of any kind

School Activities: I am the Worship Leader at Kingdom Life (meets in RLC on Sundays). I am a Minority Mentor with Mercer’s Trio Program. I am member of Point BLANK as well, as a member of mercer’s chapter of AED (pre-health honor society).

Hobbies: I enjoy writing poetry, songs, and stories. I play the guitar and love music. All sports are enjoyable, but I enjoy playing basketball the most.

Who is your role model? Jesus Christ. I can/will never be like Him, because I will always make mistakes. However, I strive to, and in doing so, I try to live in a way that reflects His love.

What are your biggest pet peeves? Well I have three big ones: People who avoid making eye contact so they don’t have to speak, confident ignorance, and one that is specific to my mother. My mom calls my name, but when I shout back, “Yes ma’am?” (or “Yeah?”), she doesn’t answer. Then, moments later, she calls me again. And again, I say “Yes ma’am?” Silence. Then, I realize that I’m going to have to get up and go to her only so she can tell me something that she could have easily yelled out to me…just like she yelled my name.

Favorite Quote: “Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.” –John Wooden

What is your favorite part of being a Mercer Bear? The student body. I love meeting knew people, and here at Mercer, students don’t get stuck in an exclusive circle of friends.

What is your ideal date? Playing games. Candle-lit dinners at their place, but I prefer just having fun.

What is the first quality you look for in a partner? Having a genuine and contagious smile/laugh 

I am a student at Mercer University, and I am majoring in Journalism and Christianity.