This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Welcome back to a new school year, readers! Yes, that does mean the end of a relaxing summer vacation and the return of essays, exams, and sleepless nights. But don’t worry! If there’s one reason to get excited for 2014, it’s the numerous businesses opening up in Montreal. What better way to start off a new school year than with an inside look at the newest and coolest places to eat?

The Cat Café (Café Chat L’heureux) – 172 Duluth Est Montreal, Quebec H2W 1H3

I’m going to be honest – I am barely containing my excitement for the opening of The Cat Café. Cat cafés are already well established in Japan, and Montreal will be getting the first ever cat café in North America! These cafés have cats relaxing and freely roaming the area, ready to be adored and petted by café patrons. And don’t worry, it follows strict hygiene and safety standards. This unique place is not only great for anyone who can’t own a pet or who loves cats, but also promotes shelter adoptions and animal therapy. It’ll be a great place to visit during finals—cats are proven to soothe anxiety and lower stress levels. You’ll know where to find me every minute of every day!

Brutus – 1290 Beaubien Est Montreal, Quebec H2S 1T9

Bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips! It’s no secret that bacon is basically a physical representation of deliciousness. It has yet to open, but you can already taste how great it will be. Featuring items such as bacon sushi, Jägerpoutine, and bacon doughnuts, I’m trying not to drool over my computer screen right now. The creater, Anthoni Jodoin, designed Brutus to recreate the classic and masculine vibes of old-school barbershops, so not only will it taste great, everything will look fantastic. The hype is real—Brutus has already gained a heavy following from everywhere around the world. (Is bacon the new peacemaker?)

Biiru – 1433 City Councillors Montreal, Quebec H3A 2E4

When some people think of Japanese food, they just think of sushi. Biiru is a newly opened izakaya (literally meaning “stay sake shop”), which can basically be considered as a Japanese version of a tavern/bar where you can casually drink, order Japanese “bar food”, and just have a good time and chat. Biiru has classic items such as okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake), karaage (fried chicken), and yakitori (skewers), but also signature dishes such as “Japadawgs” (Japanese style hot dogs). Of course, it also offers a plethora of different Asian style cocktails and alcohols (sake bomb, anyone?). Personally, one my favourite places to go and eat are izakayas, so if you’re thinking of having some Japanese food, check this place out!

Vachement Bon! – 366 Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montréal, QC H2X 1E6

No meal is complete without dessert, and there’s no better place to get a frozen treat than the new modern and trendy dessert bar of Vachement Bon! It offers a variety of gelatos, ice creams, and frozen yogurts, as well as coffee, crepes, waffles, and grilled cheese. According to their Facebook page, Vachemont Bon! just released a new frozen yogurt flavour: cookie dough (oh myyyyyyyy). If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’re going to be finding yourself here often—it’s a short walk from McGill and even closer to the Sherbrooke metro station.

Fresh Mint

Alright, I hear you readers – as great as these places I’ve listed sounds, sometimes college students just don’t have the time to go out and eat. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Meet Fresh Mint, a new food delivery service in Montreal that boasts wholesome cuisine delivered in under 30 minutes, and most importantly, at reasonable prices. The steps are simple: receive one meal option every day via email, order and pay online, and voila, a hot meal faster than what it takes you to finally open your textbook to study. If you want to see what dishes are available every week, you can check out their blog here

Photos obtained from:

https://www.facebook.com/CafeChatlHeureuxhttps://www.facebook.com/BarBrutushttps://www.facebook.com/biirumontrealhttps://www.facebook.com/vachementbonmontrealhttp://www.shutupandeat.ca/2014/06/04/fresh-meal-delivery-with-fresh-mint-maison-fresh-mint/?utm_content=buffereb77c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.U_ZRMvldWSr

Victoria is the head of Public Relations and a writer for Her Campus McGill. She specializes in accidentally dropping iPads on her face (... not her proudest moments) and eating many slices of pizza in one sitting. Her favorite things to do include drinking all kinds of tea, making new designs and graphics for Her Campus McGill on Photoshop, and forming new connections with interesting people.Victoria is currently pursuing a B.A. in Sociology and a double minor in Communications and Social Studies of Medicine. A passionate writer, she also enjoys sarcasm and masquerading as a pillbug. For more, follow her strange musings on Twitter or find her face and adventures on Instagram.Awarded 1st place for "On Campus Publicity" for My Campus Chapter Awards 2014Awarded Her Campus "Gold Chapter Level" 2013Awarded Her Campus "Platinum Chapter Level" 2014