Need Some Encouragement? You’ve come to the Right Place!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Although this season is painted to be filled with magic, wonder, and delicious Pinterest-worthy snowman cake pops, this is not always the case for us college girls. Along with merriment, it is a time for stress, stress, and more STRESS! Whether you have procrastinated on assignments for the whole semester, or have been doing everything you were supposed to do all along, chances are, you’re going to be scrambling either way.

For me, when I start to freak out about schoolwork, it makes everything else in my life that much more stressful: friendships, relationships, my self-esteem, and so on. I come up with crazy scenarios in my head like: “If I fail that one project, I won’t graduate on time, won’t get the career I want, and end up lonely, living in a basement with twelve Irish Setter puppies.” When I start feeling sorry for myself, I always have to take a step back and try to put things in perspective. A great place to go when you’re in need of a motivational boost is the same place where you can find those adorable cake pops… yep you guessed it, Pinterest! (I have a bit of an addiction if you haven’t assumed that already!) Like a lot of people, I have an “Inspirational” board on my Pinterest filled with quotes, bible verses, and funny pictures that I can look at when I’m having stress-filled days. In this article, I’m going to share my personal faves with you girls. Enjoy and keep on keeping on! YOU GOT THIS!

When putting things into perspective, this is something to think about. When I’m complaining about my obnoxious amount of schoolwork or my professors that I’m not so fond of, I try to remind myself that there are people who don’t have the resources to even imagine obtaining a college education. We all need to keep this in mind more often. 

Short, sweet, and definitely a great point. Going to bed with a thousand things on our minds is the main reason why most of us don’t get a sufficient night’s sleep. It’s important to remember to give our burdens to God, no matter how big or insignificant they may seem. 

This being one of my favorite Bible verses goes hand in hand with the previous quote. We need to remember to treat each day like a gift. Whatever worry or pain we felt the previous day needs to stay in the past. Because of the good news in this verse, we can have confidence that God will carry our worries and fears and bring us joy. 

Hands down, this will always be my favorite quote. My parents had it engraved on a plaque for me when I graduated high school and I’ve hung it on my dorm wall each school year. These simple words are ones we should repeat on those days when our insecurities start to consume us. When we feel terrified about the future, weak when facing difficult situations, and apprehensive about our academics, Christopher Robin can help you through it. 

If you know me, you know that I love to worry. Most of the time, it’s about stupid, petty stuff. Instead of worrying about everything, we need to learn to choose our battles. We can either get off our butts and do something about a certain situation, or let it go if it’s really not worth our time and energy. 

To finish off this list of inspiration, I had to throw a little RyGos in there! This could apply to actual running, (I totes envy you if you do that on the daily) or figurative running. During this time of year, I feel like I’m running around like a mad woman trying to get everything done. When you feel the waves of stress overtaking your life, know that getting to the finish line will be oh-so worth it!   

If any of these bits of inspiration touched you, feel free to share them with your roommate, mom, best friend, boyfriend, or anyone that may be feeling down. Remind them that the struggles make us stronger, the hard work will pay off, and the moments of bliss are priceless. 

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. 

Abigail is an MU junior majoring in fashion merchandising. She loves being a part of Her Campus and expressing her creativity through her love of writing. Additionally, she writes monthly editorials for College Fashionista, where she is a Style Guru. When she is not writing, you can find her singing, going hardcore preparing her dream wedding on Pinterest, reading Christian romance novels, and watching the most unrealistic reality television.