A Terp at New York College Fashion Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The cold Saturday morning in New York City didn’t stop anyone from going to College Fashion Week. Everyone was fashionably early and lined up outside Metropolitan West, dressed up in the trendiest fall outfits. When the time came for the show doors to open, the energy was building up, and the collegiate crowd shuffled in its heels to get a front row seat.

For me, driving three hours from College Park, Maryland gave me no chance to glam up my style, but that didn’t ruin my night because there was a beauty bar stationed with professional hair and makeup artists.

Nicole, my makeup artist from Ulta Beauty did such an amazing job and showed me a range of new products, from CC creams to glitter gels that I had never seen before. 

Here is my before and after transformation photo!

Another setup they had was a pop-up Primark wardrobe display of the brand’s newest collection. All the clothes I tried on were stylish, yet completely affordable for the typical broke college student.

They also didn’t forget to keep us hydrated with some fancy Spindrift sparkling water and our bellies full with Shake Shack!

Oh, and I almost forgot how upbeat the music playlist was. It’s all thanks to Taela Naomi, who played the hottest hits throughout the night.

Finally, there were four distinct runway shows from a variety of stylish brands: Primark, Avec Les Filles, Chaser and VICI.

As a freshman at UMD, being away from the red brick buildings and college students who wear a lot of Maryland gear made my trip to the Big Apple an out-of-this-world experience. From the skyscrapers and bustling crowds to the collegiate fashionistas, I hope that I’ll be able to go again for the next three years!

Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki
Maryam Pitt

Maryland '18

.