Get Sweaty, Look Sexy: Gym Hacks for College Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

College is full of ‘b’s”: binging, books, boys and budgets. Despite our endless desire to spend daddy’s paycheck on Lululemon and Bandier, our debit cards can’t always handle the hit when it comes to looking hot while getting fit. To learn to properly “ball on a budget,” check out these athleisure trends that will keep your wallet fat while helping keep your waist skinny. 

1. Body: 90 Degree by Reflex

Whether you’re looking for a hot pair of workout leggings or a patterned tank that won’t break the bank, 90 Degree by Reflex is the newest way to look hot while getting hot. Nearly all their athleisure wear is priced below $50, allowing for affordable attire for any college girl on a budget. Yes, your butt will still impress that boy you’re crushing on in your 90 Degree leggings and there’s no shame in saving for an inevitable Starbucks latte or Sweetgreen salad in the near future. With 90 Degree by Reflex, you’ll lose weight, not money. And that’s how it should be, right?!

2. Face: DRUGSTORE

With too much of face time in the gym mirrors and a potential Mr. Right sighting beyond every corner, risking looking like a zombie at the gym is just not an option. To find the perfect balance when it comes to makeup at the gym, stick to a routine. Wash your face, use an oil-free concealer to hide your blemishes and dark circles and apply some waterproof mascara (Revlon is my favorite)! Then boom, you’re no longer clogging your pores but you’ve still managed to appear fairly decent… that is until your face turns into a sweating tomato. But hey, at least you’ll have a hot bod!

3. Breasts: Fabletics

Whether you’re President of the BTC (big titty committee) or still awaiting your chest’s growth spurt, Fabletics has the stylish support you (and your boobs) have been dreaming about for prices that will make your wallet smile. Try a pretty pattern or a sick strap design to amp up your gym look. Trust me, you’re boobs will thank you later.

Sara is a freshman broadcast journalism major at the University of Maryland. Her habits include cheating on healthy eating, self-effacement, and being real. She defines herself by heavy doses of grit and wit, qualities she hopes to take full advantage of as the future Ellen DeGeneres-Chelsea Handler combo.