Navigating Your Nights At Lehigh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Coming to Lehigh is a huge change from what everyone is used to, with
something going on every night. Whether it’s Wacky Wednesday or Thirsty Thursday,
here’s what you need to know to get help you navigate your nights at Lehigh.

1) When it starts to get cold out, you need to start wearing something to keep you warm
walking up and down the hill. Buy yourself a few cheap “frackets” that you wouldn’t
mind losing at parties (face it, you are bound to leave it there at some point or
another). My suggestion? Go to Marshall’s and buy a ton of zip-up sweatshirts.

2) Lehigh girls love to get dressed up, but be careful wearing those super nice wedges
and heels you bought at Bloomingdales. They get destroyed easily and you woudnt
want to ruin a nice pair of wedges on one night out. Get one or two pairs of frat heels
(usually in black, make sure they are comfortable!) and use those to go out in. That
wayyour not ruining lots of different pairs of wedges.

3) To bring a bag or not too, the question of the night. If you decide to bring a bag, bring
a small, crossbody bag. You don’t need to bring much out other than your phone,
swipe card and room keys. If you don’t want to bring a bag out, buy a phone case
that has a slot in the back form your swipe. That way, its all together and you just
need to hold your phone.

4) Never walk alone! You don’t know who could be walking around Bethlehem, and the
Bethlehem police love to cite girls who are walking alone. Even if its just you and one
other friend, make sure you stick together.

5) Be careful with the grain and mixed drinks at parties. Yeah, it tastes great but don’t
be overcon?dent, it has way more alcohol in it than you would imagine.