Lehigh vs. Lafayette Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

If you’re reading this it means you survived Lehigh-Lafayette week…congrats!  Lehigh-Laf is easily the craziest week of the year and definitely a personal favorite of mine. Due to the recent “snow-pocalypse”, many teachers inconveniently scheduled makeup exams this past week. Although it was a drag, it didn’t stop the majority of the student body from celebrating Lehigh-Laf. Staying true to our Huffington Post rating as being the #1 college for having a never-ending weekend, this past week was proof that whether it is a Wednesday afternoon or a Friday night – Lehigh students are always down to party. The weeklong tradition of partying is only a preview for game day. After Friday night it is a miracle that people had the energy to run around sorority houses banging on pots and pans to wake everyone up for the main event. At approximately 8am people were up and ready to go, having barely recuperated from the night before. Instead of the usual tutus and capes attire, normal morning cocktail gear, students came decked out in their Lehigh gear! Mocos were only the beginning. Eventually around 11am Lehigh students and alumni made their way up to Goodman campus to continue the festivities.

They bounced from tailgate to tailgate looking for hotdogs and beer before making their way into the stadium. For those who made it to the game, it was a clear victory for Lehigh winning the game 37 to 13.  Despite how tired I am, I could not have asked for a better week. GO LEHIGH!