Spring Nail Trends for 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

I always love looking at the different nail trends that we see on the catwalk. Everyone else gets excited about the fashion and I get excited about the makeup and manicures! Here are my top picks ready for Spring 2017, also with some tips and recommendations of polishes.

1. Soft Pink

(Image from media.glamour.com)

A pink toned nude always reminds me of Spring and my current favourite, that I’ve had on my nails the last two weeks, is Revlon’s Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polish in Perfect Pair which is £7.99 in Boots.

(Image from hbznailtrends)

2. Dipped in Grey

(image from hbznailtrends)

I always think that greys and taupes look really sophisticated on the nails. My favourite way of wearing this trend is wearing it as a grey tipped French manicure or all over the nail. One shade that is a pretty purple toned grey is OPI’s “ I são Paulo over there”.

3. Metallics and Glitter

Can you ever go wrong with glitter and metallic nails? This trend is so effective. One way to achieve it is through applying glitter nail polish to only part of the nail to add an accent point that really catches the light, especially on a night out.

(image from pinterest.com)

(image from ell.h)

4. Colour Blocking

I love this trend so much and there were loads of looks from the catwalk that are simple yet so effective. There are also lots of ways to create different patterns using dots, stripes, and geometric patterns using contrasting colours.

(image from media.glamour.com)

(image from media.glamour.com

The one above is really pretty and is very minimal and surprisingly easy to do! Create a square on each nail by placing the brush a third of the way into your nail then pulling it outwards to your skin and then cleaning it up with a cotton bud. 

(image from ell.h)

(image from hbznailtrends)

I think you can probably tell this last trend is my favourite and it has really inspired me to be more adventurous with nail art and colour this S/S 2017.

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.