Shy to Social Butterfly: Reanna Hilario

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Guided by her voice and passion for music, Reanna Hilario shares her coming of age story from a shy freshman to an aspiring senior at the University of La Verne. Her love for music and the technicalities of radio gave her a voice to be heard among ULV students – being involved in various organizations on campus including Campus Activities Board, Mu Phi Epsilon Music Fraternity, Iota Delta Social Sorority, Acapella Barbershop Club and in LeoFM Radio. While witholding various leadership positions, Reanna also dedicates her time as a promotions assistant at JackFM 93.1 based in Los Angeles. 

Majoring in Radio Broadcasting with a music minor, she aspires to become a DJ or radio host as her end goal.

She had changed her major from Broadcast Journalism to Radio Broadcasting last year after her last shift on the radio at LeoFM, the Intro to Radio (RADIO 230) class, as she realized her passion was in radio as she loved what she was doing.

Being her last semester in the University, Reanna has grown tremendously from a shy 1st her to a social butterfly 4th year. Upon gaining opportunities, Reanna also gained friendships by joining extracirricular groups and clubs on campus. “If I didn’t get invovled, I probably would’ve transferred,” she said. After being invovled in extracirriculars, Reanna says she had found her “spot” at ULV (get the pun?). She encourages everyone to challenge themselves and be open minded into new opportunities.

“When I decided to get more involved, I applied to everything: spotlight leader, orientation week leader, and campus activities board – as I’ve been in CAB for 3 years now,” Reanna says. 

Reanna lives by the quote, “I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world” as she lives her life everyday with a smile, which is showcased through her lively personality. Reanna shared  when she had finally started doing things for herself and stopped worrying about what everyone else had thought, she had opened herself into new opportunities and into a new individual. 

“I opened myself up to doing more extracirricular work and it opened doors for me,” Reanna said. “You excell in places you are passionate, it’s a given.” 

With her love of music and radio, Reanna also loves quotes. Her favorite quote being “Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss, but every once in a while…you find someone who is iridescent…and when you do, nothing will ever compare” – Flipped, novel. 

Flipped, a young adult novel, sharing a coming of age story between boy-meets-girl concept, where Reanna found her favorite word “iridescent” meaning “beautiful from every angle.” Living by this quote, Reanna wants to look at the world in an iridescent perspective as she hopes to live life positively. 

Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com