Celebrating the day of Chocolate Mint!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

National Chocolate Mint Day!

For those of you who didn’t know, February 19th, 2016 is Chocolate Mint Day! Mint chocolate/chocolate mint is made by adding mint flavoring to plain chocolate. It is found in a variety of products such as candy, cookies, ice cream, hot chocolate, candles, and also in beauty products (yum)!

So how can you celebrate Chocolate Mint day? Here’s how:

1) Go grocery shopping for some mouth watering mint chocolate treats to spoil yourself with:

Andes Mint Chocolate

barkTHINS Snacking Dark Chocolate, Mint

Junior Mints

Oreo Thins Mint Chocolate Sandwich

Brownie Brittle Mint Chip

It is also Girl Scout Cookie season! Yay Thin Mints!

2) If you’re all about that baking…

Mint Chocolate Chip Cake

Chocolate Mint Swirl Bark

No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars

No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake

3) If you want to drink it…

Mint White Hot Chocolate

Chocolate Chip Mint Smoothie

You can also order a mint chocolate chip frappe through the Starbucks Secret Menu

4) Spoil yourself with some “me time” with these mint chocolate beauty cosmetics

Lip Scrub

Mint Chocolate Chip Face Mask

Shower yourself in mint chocolate, literally

5) Kick back, relax, and indulge yourself in some mint chocolate chip ice cream

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe

Mint Magnum Bars

Ben & Jerry’s Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream

Happy National Chocolate Mint Day!

Heidi Park is a junior at University of La Verne majoring in Child Development, specializing in Speech Therapy. This is her second year being part of the Her Campus team and has taken the role as Secretary, Blog Editor, and Snapshot Editor. Heidi is currently working in BUSD as a co-teacher, and as a behavior interventionist for ACT. She likes to de-stress by cooking, cleaning, reading, and watching Netflix. In her free time she likes to people watch at Starbucks (or really, anywhere), snack/eat until she is guiltily full, and hang out with the ones she loves. At first glance she may seem/look intimidating but once you get to know her she is a soft marshmallow (especially for dogs, cats, and babies).