Dear Once Upon a Time One Of My Closest Friends. How Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Hey, so it’s been awhile. So things change and people change. I have changed and grown apart from you as you have changed and grown apart from me. We can’t be mad at one another for that, every person grows every day, and sometimes I guess we don’t grow together. We haven’t spoken in like three years, that’s so insane. We used to not be able to go three hours without texting.

Can you believe all the new One Direction stuff going on? I can’t, and I also can’t believe we graduated high school over a year ago now. Remember how we used to obsessively talk about books, and think about how great it would be one day to meet the real life guys we read about in those books and get married and live a wonderful life, just like those book characters? We loved watching Laverne and Shirley together and Hey Arnold. I haven’t watched either of them in so long.

I am so glad to see that you look happier now, and I am happier too. I am forever thankful for those great times we had together and I know we supported each other so much when we both were going through that stuff. I am so thankful we had each other during that time. I am sorry that I got better first and you got so angry at me. I realized that you just were frustrated, but I still felt that it was so selfish that you wanted me to stay upset because you were still upset. To me that was not being the true friend I thought I had. I hope that you understand now that I had to do what was best for me and my own mental health and distance myself from you.

I just wanted to let you know that I still care for you even though we don’t speak. One of my favorites quotes is, “I still love the people I’ve loved even if I cross the street to avoid them.”  I will always check your social media and make sure you seem okay. I want to make sure you are still eating and that you are happy. I hope he treats you well because you deserve that. I hope he understands all of those things that started to put a wedge in our friendship. It was just so hard for me to handle all of those problems when I was dealing with my own mess I had at the time. But I am really happy that it seems like you met your dream book character guy, I met mine too. I know they both probably didn’t happen how we always imagined but I know you guys are probably just as happy as me and mine are. Oh and do you like Niall or Harry’s solo album best? Yea I can’t pick either. I hope you are living your best life.

All the best

Sabrina 

Sabrina Stewart

Kutztown '20

Hi! My name is Sabrina and I am a communication major with a focus in media studies with a minor in a public relations and new media/digital communication here at KU! I am the Events Coordinator for the KU chapter this year! I love fashion, NYC, quotes, book characters, ice cream, exploring, and many many other things. I also tend to drink an excessive amount of lattes.