Statement Making Jewelry Trends for Fall 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

There’s no doubt this season’s jewelry trends are making a statement in both the fashion world and on
campus – a treasure trove of vintage accessories, baubles, chunky cuffs and just about anything else that’s bold and bright. Just remember collegiettes, when it comes to your jewelry this season, bigger is definitely better. Bring on the glitz with these fun statement pieces…

Vintage Cameos

If you love vintage jewelry, you are going to be delighted to hear that vintage cameos are on trend this fall! Lavin showcased chunky cameo pieces styled with flowy silhouettes that showed off the whimsical charm of the accessory. The good news is that you can pull off this high fashion look as well by styling your cameo accessory with any dress, blouse or sweater. Don’t have a cameo necklace? Don’t fret; Etsy has plenty of cameo accessories that’ll satisfy your every vintage need!

Bauble Necklaces

The bauble necklace made a statement this past spring and we couldn’t be happier that the trend is here to stay this fall! These stunning statement necklaces can be styled several different ways – with your favorite cocktail dress, a colorful blazer for a day in the office or our personal favorite – with your best game day outfit! Baubles come in countless colors and styles and we are currently lusting after this saucy red chandelier necklace

Cuffs

Segue into the season with the most dazzling accessory, cuffs! This past summer we were all about stacking neon bright bracelets by the armload, but now we love doubling up big and bold cuffs, an ode to woman who started the trend decades ago, Coco Chanel. Chanel started the cuff craze back in the 1930’s and now the biggest fashion houses from Balenciaga to Emilio Pucci are getting in on the wrist action, and we are too! This fall, you don’t have to limit yourself when it comes to your arm candy. Gold, bejeweled, colored and metallic cuffs are all the rage and the bigger the better. Styling cuffs is easy, as they will instantly jazz up your everyday class attire or outfit for a night out, and not to mention, they will definitely make a statement! Nordstrom and Urban Outfitters are two great places to shop for unique cuffs!

Which statement-making jewelry piece will you be donning this fall? Share your thoughts with us by commenting below!

Maggie is a rising senior at the University of Kansas majoring in journalism. She has interned at Parents magazine and Glamour magazine and hopes to land an editing position someday. Maggie founded a health and fitness website called Get Fit Get Life and she is a personal trainer. She doesn't go a day without an iced coffee with a splash of almond milk!