Campus Cutie: Amber Norris ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Amber Norris

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Major: Spanish major with pre-med focus

Hometown: Wichita, KS

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Describe yourself in three words: Organized, Determined, and Funny

How long have you and your boyfriend been dating? We have been dating for almost three years now.

What’s your favorite thing about him? I love his smile and his sense of humor.

How did you two meet? We met at Naismith freshmen year through mutual friends.

What’s your most embarrassing story? My most embarrassing story was when I walked into a class that was not mine. I walked into the class before mine in Budig, took out my notebook, pencil, clicker and everything else just to get a text from one of my friends who was sitting behind me, laughing and saying that I was not supposed to be there.

What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas, by far. I love cappuccinos, enjoying time with my family and watching movies and laughing with my boyfriend and my friends.

What’d you do this past summer? I studied abroad in Argentina. 

What’s your #1 thing to do on your bucket list? At the moment, my number one thing is to find an alternative treatment to my illness.

What’s your guilty pleasure? I like to try and sing like Beyonce and Jesse J when no one is around.

Who’s your celebrity crush? Idris Elba

What’s your favorite pizza topping? Sausage 

What are your goals after graduation? I plan on attending med school in hopes of becoming a neurosurgeon and opening a non-profit organization to help inform minorities about resources available to them to help them fund/get into med school as well.

What’s your hidden talent? I can forge signatures really well.

Who’s your role model? My father.

Favorite flavor of wing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings? Traditional wings are the best!!

What’s your favorite thing about yourself? I like that I never give up and I am able to remain ambitious through hardships.

Accounting & Finance double major at the University of Kansas