Those of you who keep up with Parks and Recreation know that the highlight of this week was not Tuesday's cupid-centric holiday, but rather Monday: Galentine's Day.
To paraphrase Leslie Knope, Galentine's Day is just as—if not more—important than Valentine's Day, for it is a day devoted to lady friends. Though Galentine's Day has come and gone, it seems that it may have gotten shortchanged this year since it fell on the worst day of the week (and really, shouldn't gal palz be celebrated every day?). Therefore, we here at HC Kenyon have gathered some suggestions for you and your Galentines this weekend.
1. Throw a ladies-only pregame before you hit the town. Those pink Solo cups will enhance the festive vibe!
2. Indulge in the cookie milkshake—and some hot goss—at MG.
3. Make a date with one of your girlfriends at Peirce, and don't let that rando from your philosophy class crash it.
4. Eat candy. If you're lucky, your Galentine likes Sour S'ghetti and will let you have all the Reese's.
5. Help your friend with all of her packages from the post office (even if they're Valentine's Day-related).
6. Watch Bridesmaids, Thelma and Louise, The Iron Lady—any movie featuring strong female leads is appropriate. (Any of the Madea movies: half points.)
7. Send a letter to one of your biffles (BFF4Ls) elsewhere in academia.
8. Do your laundry together. Make a playlist if it's been a few weeks since you've visited a washing machine.
9. Play squash, then go steam or sauna at the KAC.
10. End your Saturday night watching YouTube videos together (Cinnabread optional, but recommended).