This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

You may have seen Edgar Martin, ’17 working diligently at helpline or on duty at the Freshman Quad.  But do you really know the man behind the desk?  Her Campus Kenyon was lucky enough to sit down with Edgar and get to know him a little more.

Name: Edgar Martin

Age: 20

Hometown: Santa Ana, California

Major: Political Science

Campus Activities: LBIS Helpline, CA on Freshman Quad, Club Soccer, Adelante, Buildings and Grounds Committee, Student Conduct Review Board

Hey Edgar! What’s the weirdest thing someone asked you to help them with during a shift at helpline?

Removing a virus because someone was very obviously watching porn, or listening to people discussing Bitcoin and how to make illegal purchases online.

Is it true that all you do during a helpline shift is play computer games?

No, every once in a while I actually do something.

Favorite thing about being a CA?

The guys I get to take care of; they’re amazing, lovable idiots, but they’re my idiots.  I will come back to the dorm to find them being utterly insane, having written weird things on my board, and it’s incredibly entertaining.

What would your Patronus be?

An old man in his late-forties, early-fifties, because I’m always yelling about those darn kids.

If you could have any Kenyon a Capella group sing a special song just for you, what group and what song would it be?

The Kokes (because one of my residents is in them) and I’d have them sing a lullaby to my hall so they could go to sleep on the weekend.

If you could change one thing about Kenyon, what would it be?

I’d create a healthier culture about alcohol and drinking on campus because I want to keep everyone safe.

Favorite Peirce food?

French fries.

What is number one on your Kenyon bucket list?

Have my parents come up and visit.

What would you all do?

Take a walk down Middle Path; show my parents that I’m actually doing something with my life.

Anything else you want our readers to know about you?

I like piña coladas and long walks on the beach (that’s only half true). 

Thank you Edgar!