Campus Celebrity – Joshua Weitz ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Senior Josh Weitz knows that he knows a lot of people. He knows that he can make friends easily. He works for the coolest hangout on campus, he plays bass in a band that frequents campus concerts, and he served as president for the Jewish Culture Club. But Josh tried humility for a moment during the interview, “ I guess it’s cool,” he said. He just couldn’t resist the smirk at the end of his sentence.

Her Campus Kean: Tell us about your band, 216.
Josh Weitz: Well me and my roommates. We like to mess around. We take songs and just cover it, and we’ve played at a few school events. We do it for fun, and it really is fun.

HCK: Why 216?
JW: It’s our room number. Not so clever, but it was the best we could do.

HCK: What are your career goals?
JW: To secure a job in marketing that would allow me to use my interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with people.

HCK: Speaking of talking, you seem to know everyone on campus.
JW: Not everyone. Just the cool people.

HCK: So who is given the honor of talking to you?
JW: I’m just kidding. I’m a senior so I’ve been around for a while. I work on campus; I’m involved in clubs so I’ve met a lot of people through those. I say hi to everyone because I like to. There might be times when I’m walking down the hall and I speak to a female, and my girlfriend might get jealous. But I know a lot of people. It makes me feel good.

HCK: What internships have you had?
JW: Well, I’ve worked.  I’ve worked with the New Jersey Nets and the Somerset Patriots, where I ran the scoreboard. But I’ve worked for everyone from a physical therapist’s office to a day camp.

HCK: What’s the main thing you’ve learned from work?
JW: Punctuality. The importance of punctuality.

HCK: What’s your sign?
JW: Umm… Scorpio? I was born in October. Is that right?

HCK: No.
JW: Oh. Well then I have no idea. 

Stephanie Musat is a senior journalism major at Kean University. She is currently the online editor for The Tower, Kean University's student newspaper, and has previously served as the editor in chief of The Daily Orange, the independent student newspaper of Syracuse, New York. Able to recite every word in Love Actually, she appreciates the King's English, but wants to clarify that spelling favorite as 'favourite' doesn't make you cool or British. Stephanie believes a cup of tea can cure anything, has an affinity for wearing sequins, and she loves her cat, Truman, more than any human (just don't tell her mom.)