Winter Storm Jonas as Told by The Jonas Brothers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Anyone who has an idea of what the East Coast is like knows that this past weekend, it was met with a snowstorm whose strength and fury rivalled that of a very determined, pre-teen fangirl. Seeing as it shared its name with that of a famed brothers-turned-boyband-trio, who could better explain what Winter Storm Jonas was like than the Jo Bros themselves?

The anticipation of a storm fearsome enough to close the hallowed halls of JMU had everyone like

And when it came to holding class, most professors were already in this mind state

So when the school officially closed on Thursday night, many-a-student looked something like this

At first, looking at the fields of snow was like

But as the snowfall reached the two-foot mark everyone quickly changed to

And trying to make your way through the barren tundra was a whole different story

All you wanted was a plateful of tots to sustain you through the storm

But the snow was nice because it gave you an excuse to reminisce over Camp Rock

At least, it was nice until you weren’t sure if you would ever be able to leave your house again

Cabin fever came on quick

And trying to maintain your sanity looked a lot like this

As the snow continued to fall, you realized that you were running out of hot chocolate and potato chips and that your chances of survival were looking slimmer and slimmer by the minute

And you weren’t even sure if the school would ever be able to open it’s doors again

But just as you were about to give up all hope, a JMU maintenance crew revealed that there was, in fact, still ground underneath all of that snow

And when JMU announced that class would resume on Tuesday, you couldn’t help but get excited by the idea of seeing your fellow students rushing around campus

Thanks for all the snow, Winter Storm Jonas. It’s been real.

Writer of words and animal sweater enthusiast.Twitter- @SydneyEsThierInstagram- @sydney_esther
Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!