Food Friday: 5 Healthy Desserts

Posted -

There's frozen yogurt, and now, what we never expected would come from the maker's of every broken-hearted girl's best friends, there's frozen Greek yogurt!  Greek yogurt tends to be much healthier than regular yogurt due to its process of straining out more whey than regular yogurt, leaving a creamier, thicker, more protein enriched texture to devour.  Pints and mini-cup sizes are now offered in four Ben & Jerry Greek frozen yogurt flavors: Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Fudge Chunk, Banana Peanut Butter, and Blueberry Vanilla Graham.  There's no reason to feel sad when hanging out with B & J anymore! 

Who doesn't love pudding?  And chocolate? And... sweet potatoes?  While this trio might sound conflicting, if you think about it, we all pile marshmallows onto our sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving anyway, why not try a different sugary friend for once?  Chocolate Sweet Potato Pudding - it's vegan, cures your sweet tooth, flatters your figure, and takes 5 minutes to make.  What a tasty after school snack!

Mmm cheese.  It's just so... cheesy!  Pass on the pizza and mozzarella sticks and save room for cheese in your dessert with Frozen Chocolate Ricotta S'mores!  Ricotta isn't only made for canolis anymore.  These cute little squares of heaven mix two of a girl's favorite food groups: cheese & chocolate!

Another great recipe for the cheese lover, Berry Pizza!  Whodathunk?  This recipe is so simple and easy, you would've thought we'd all been making it by now.  Pile your favorite berries atop ricotta cheese and a flour tortilla, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, and dig in!

I couldn't resist telling you all about one of my favorite healthy desserts of all time - Zucchini Bread.  Calling it healthy may an exaggeration, but hey, if the title's got a vegetable in it, I'm going to say the calories don't count!  Zucchini bread is an awesome baked good to eat in the summer when summer squash is popular.  Add mini chocolate chips to the batter for a recipe to die for! 

College is hard. We make it easier!

Get the best of Her Campus delivered straight to your inbox!

About The Author

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.

Editor's Note

Congratulations to our new campus chapters at NMSU and St. Edward's

Be the Editor-in-Chief of your own magazine -- Start a Her Campus chapter at your school!

We Recommend

User login