This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

To all my ladies around the world, sorority recruitment season is in full swing! Whether you were already recruited or are in the process of being recruited, it is important to remain positive throughout the duration of your recruitment. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get through your sorority recruitment season, coming from a recent recruit of Theta Phi Alpha.

The way you look does not define your acceptance or denial into a sorority.

Wearing the most expensive clothes and perfecting your hair and makeup down to the last detail is not nearly as important as it is to be true to yourself during recruitment season. Whether you are rushing for one sorority or multiple sororities, at the end of the day, you will come to know the girls in your sisterhood make the sorority, not the way you choose to present yourself. Sisterhood is all about embracing one another’s differences.

Be true to yourself.

Many girls participating in recruitment are under the impression they need to put on a ‘fake persona’ to relate to sorority members. By alternating your mannerisms, even in the slightest, you are more likely to lessen your chances of being accepted into a sorority, or placed in a sorority in which you are not comfortable. Remaining true to yourself, and feeling comfortable in your own skin is one of the traits sororities look for. A sisterhood in a safe, supportive, and positive environment is a motivational place to be.

Stay open to new possibilities.

Joining a sorority is all about making new friends, giving back to the community, and having a stable support system in a sisterhood. Being in a sisterhood is a group in which all of your flaws, insecurities, and quirks are accepted entirely. With a large support system, you will be able to come out of your shell and try new things. The possibilities are endless in a sisterhood, keep an open mind when an opportunity presents itself.

Best of luck to all girls during sorority recruitment season and congratulations to those already accepted!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis