Spring To-Dos While Counting Down the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

As we come back from Easter Break in a couple of days to return to our daily school routine, everyone seems to have a spring in their step with only a few weeks left in the semester. While we are all excited to have another school year behind us in order to look forward and start fresh—whether it be at school again in the fall or after graduation in May—there are still plenty of ways to fill our schedules with some final “to-do” activities. Here are some of the things to get done in order to stay productive or simply enjoy the time we have left.

• Exercise your creative side by submitting to The Carroll Review. The student literary magazine is published once each semester, and debuts at a fun, free release party that is typically held at Jake’s beneath Pizzazz. The deadline to submit your photography, poetry, or prose is Friday, April 6. Even if you don’t feel like contributing to the Review this semester, come enjoy the free wings and pizza as people read their writing aloud.
  • Apply for summer internships or jobs. Reaching April means it’s about that time to crank out your applications! Summer is a great opportunity to put your time away from college to good use by building up your resume and gaining valuable work experience. An internship is a great way to learn about what you may or may not be interested in career-wise, and understand the type of working environment you prefer. The best way to learn is to do in this case, and any experience is good experience. 
  • Attend student-run events on campusWith such little time left with each other, now is the time to take advantage of all of the events put on during the remaining weeks. SUPB always has something fantastic up its sleeve (and you know there will always be another fun bingo night!)
  • Check out Greek Week and grab a ticket to lipsync. Even if you are not a member of Greek Life on campus, this week can still be fun for you. The annual lipsync event will not disappoint. The fraternities and sororities have been practicing all semester to put on a great show, and the event ALWAYS sells out the auditorium in the Administration Building. Be sure to secure your spot when the time comes!
  • Take advantage of any and all Final’s Week perks. Lucky for us JCU always tries to relieve our stress by rewarding us for our hard work during this dreadful last week before summer can begin. Past perks include food trucks, blessed pencils, free coffee, and hot dogs handed out in the residence halls.