This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Finals week is always the best and also the worst time of the semester. Everyone is excited to get home for break, but we are faced with a week filled with exams, papers, and projects. Here are my top 3 tips for surviving finals.

1. Get organized a couple weeks before finals. Gather all the notes, study guides, old exams, etc. that you need to use to prepare for your finals. If you’re missing any notes or need to complete a study guide, getting these materials together weeks before finals ensures that you have enough time to replace the notes or fill out your study guides.

2. Plan out when you are going to study. I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge procrastinator. Finals week isn’t the ideal time of the school year to procrastinate, so combat procrastination by taking look at any events and commitments that you have before finals and set aside time to study.

3. Take breaks! Get dinner with friends, go for a walk, or go on a Starbucks run. It’s important to give your mind a break when you have lots of information to get through in a short amount of time. Plus, it’s always nice to spend time with friends before going your separate ways for break!