Zoie Reitz – Freshman Dual Major Art Education and Bachelor of Fine Arts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Meet Zoie, a freshman at IUP. She decided to come to IUP since it is close to her hometown and has a good art program. Zoie is currently has a dual major in Art Education and a Bachelor of Fine Arts. She originally planned to major in Interior Design until she realized that wasn’t what she wanted to do for a career. When she graduates, she hopes to work at a private art school.

In high school, Zoie was involved in band, tennis, Thespian Society, and National Honor Society. Now, she is a member of the IUP Marching Band where she plays the mellophone and is looking to join more organizations in the future. Joining the band helped her adjust to college because she was able to make friends a before classes started during band camp. In her free time, she enjoys running, going to the gym, hiking, taking walks, and playing tennis. She gets her motivation to workout because it helps relieve her stress.

Her favorite class this semester is Figure Drawing where they learn about the human body and sketch models. Zoie enjoys drawing life like things such as people, eyes, and flowers. Her go to place to draw is the Oak Grove because of how peaceful it is, especially in the fall.

If Zoie could give advice to herself as a senior in high school she would say to start getting into the habit of making healthy food options, get involved in activities on campus, and to not wish your senior year away.

Zoie’s favorite bands are The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Panic! at the Disco, who she is going to see in concert this weekend. Her favorite TV show is Shameless and her favorite movie is How to Train Your Dragon. A fun fact about Zoie is that she is double jointed in her thumbs.

Here are two of Zoie’s drawings:

If you see Zoie around campus, be sure to say hi!

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.