Megan Pardee: ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Megan Pardee: ’18 Marketing Major

For this week’s edition of campus profile, I had the pleasure of talking to Megan Pardee who is a sophomore marketing major. Pardee is in the process of applying for pre-internship experiences for her future marketing internships during her junior year. When she is not hitting up Java City for coffee and doing homework at the library, she has been involved in several organizations.

Megan is a member of Phi Eta Sigma, Society of Leadership and Success, and the IUP Fashion Association. She has been involved with Amnesty International, Autism Speaks, and The Student Marketing Association. During her academic studies, she has achieved a place on the dean’s list through her hard work with her classes. Professors speak highly of her classwork and diligence to produce quality assignments. Although she is currently having a difficult semester, she enjoys being involved in the fashion association working on fashion shows that allow her to develop experience for future careers.

Currently, she can only enroll in general studies classes such as science, world politics, French, and managerial accounting. Pardee cannot wait until she can take marketing classes because that is what she is passionate about. Unlike other colleges here at IUP, the business college does not allow students like Megan to take classes in their chosen major until junior year.

Along with her major in marketing, Megan is pursuing a minor in international studies. She hopes to get to travel abroad sometime during her college career here at IUP. Some of her favorite places to go are Common Place Coffeehouse, Starbucks, and TJ Maxx. Among many other interests, she also likes to go out to local restaurants and have fun with friends.

Even though Megan is not a fashion merchandising major here at IUP, she has interests in pursuing a career in international fashion marketing. In her spare time, she spends it by scrolling through Pinterest, watching Netflix, volunteering with her church, and working at Tuesday Morning. Some of her favorite shows include Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, and the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Her Campus IUP wishes her a successful semester.

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.